Nurse Professional Development Generalist - Women's Services
At Houston Methodist, the Professional Development Generalist position is responsible for the ongoing delivery of educational programs and activities. This position also participates in the assessment, planning/development, evaluation, and revision of educational activities. The Professional Development Generalist position progressively develops competence in the facilitation of learning which incorporates educational design including the use of technology and simulation, adult learning principles, change management, and evidence-based practice into curriculum development in accordance with Houston Methodist policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements. This position serves as a resource/consultant for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing
- Master's degree preferred, in health or education field
- Four years clinical experience
- Education experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)-recognized certification in an applicable specialty area within six months of eligibility
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred