DescriptionMaternal Child Clinical Educator
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth Central Texas is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better. Schedule:
Full Time Days Location:
2201 S. Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549 The community you'll be caring for:
The role you'll contribute:
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas provides care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- AdventHealth Central Texas is committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
This competent level Registered Nurse is responsible for staff development and for clinical staff training under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Informatics / Clinical Education. This is done with respect to the team approach and with the assurance of a safe and comfortable staff and patient environment while recognizing and ensuring rights of everyone. This care is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned. The value you'll bring to the Team:
- Integrates the philosophy and objectives of AdventHealth System in the framework of educational activities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Develops an assessment process to determine learning needs and facilitates adult learning theory to plan learning opportunities.
- Demonstrates principles of adult learning and appropriate educational methodologies in program design as evidenced by program outlines and learning modules.
- Provides support for preceptor, residency, fellowship, and orientation programs to effectively develop a competent practice environment.
- Enlists qualified instructors to plan, develop and present specialized clinical topics.
- Initiates and actively participates in departmental quality improvement.
- Works in collaboration with the Director and Manager of supported units to assist with staff meetings to ensure updates/changes are disseminated.
- Activity participates in assigned committee(s), manages special projects such as new project implementation training.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, maintaining a positive attitude and customer focus.
QualificationsThe expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BSN or higher from an accredited institution with 4 years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 3 plus years of clinical precepting, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience or
- ASN with 10 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 5 plus years of clinical precepting, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience.
- Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.