Job DetailTitle: Patient Care RepresentativeSchedule: Full-TimeLocation: OB/GYN, Old TownOverviewLicensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the nursing care of his/her assigned patients under the direction or supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). He/She is also responsible for delegation to assistive personnel. The position requires knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with supervisory skills, are inherent in the position. The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory, or visual fashion is essential. The primary method to express or exchange ideas is through the spoken word. Written, telephone, and manual dexterity skills are required for this position.Pay & Benefits:
In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k) Qualifications
- Certificate in Nursing required.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- One year of experience in OB/GYN required.
- Previous experience conducting phone triage preferred
- Commitment to LPN RN Program within 6 months of start date with completion within three years.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required.
- Demonstrates effective and timely communication of patient status through documentation and verbal report, and immediately brings to the RNs attention any changes in patient status for appropriate supervision and assignment change as indicated.
- Provides individualized nursing care to patients and families utilizing the nursing process and under the direct supervision of the RN.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient status and promptly notifies the RN for appropriate supervision and/or a change in assignment if indicated by patient acuity.
- Assists Patient Care Director in evaluating new technologies, products and practices as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Performs nursing procedures and demonstrates technical skills required for area of practice, seeking RN guidance as needed.
- Utilizes assessment data to contribute to the individualized plan of care as developed by the RN, incorporating available resources such as the expert level nurse and the interdisciplinary team.