Title: Nurse Manager
Department: Labor & Delivery – Mother/Baby
Site: Advocate Sherman Hospital
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE:
Advocate Sherman Hospital is a hospital located in Elgin, Illinois. It contains 255 beds and is one of the most premier regional hospitals in the country, specializing in heart surgeries. Now, as one of the 10 largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States. Our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
- 70,000 Team Members
- 22,000 Nurses
- 3,300 Employed Physicians
- 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
To provide administrative and clinical leadership to plan, coordinate and manage personnel and resources in order to provide the highest quality patient care with trained, professional, and competent staff in the most cost-effective manner. To collaborate with physicians and other health care disciplines to assure optimal patient care.
- Planning, management, implementation and evaluation of operations/services to ensure quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Maintenance of effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for the selection, development, motivation and evaluation of staff.
- Preparation and administration of budgets to ensure adequate personnel, Facilities, and supplies.
- BSN or MSN preferred
- 5 years of clinical experience
- 2 years of leadership experience required
- BLS, ACLS, NRP requires
At Advocate Aurora Health Care
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you can change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matter at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.