Plumas District Hospital, a small rural hospital located in the Northern, CA Sierra mountains, only 2 hours from Chico, CA and Lake Tahoe, and 90 minutes from Reno, NV has an innovative full time opportunity for a Certified Nurse Midwife to create a Birthing Center and work in OB/Labor and Delivery. Outstanding work environment, supportive staff, great employee benefits, and professional development opportunities.
Certified Nurse Midwife Opportunity
- Dynamic opportunity to develop a birthing center program from the ground up with supportive CRNAs, Family Practice OB MDs (FPOB) and passionate L&D nurses.
- See prenatal patients in the clinic as part of a comprehensive perinatal education program.
- Independently manage a low risk patient panel.
- Staff as either L&D RN or CNM depending on need. Manage uncomplicated labor and deliveries in the hospital with 24/7 MD back up. Able to rotate as L&D RN for MD deliveries with second RN available.
- Assist with training/education/clinical skills for the OB program, including adherence to the new guidelines/standard of care changes.
- Collaborate with 4 dynamic and supportive FPOBs, including Spinning Babies trained and Centering Pregnancy/Centering Parenting Trained Facilitator.
- Supportive labor measures include Labor Tub, Kaya Stool, Peanut Ball, Rebozo.
- Small hospital with lower volumes means high touch and the chance to be intimately involved in prenatal care, labor, delivery, and postpartum care of patients.
- 24/7 access to UC Davis NICU providers through PEANUT (Pediatric Emergency Assistance to Newborns Using Telehealth).
- Great working relationship with consulting perinatologists from Sacramento, CA and Reno, NV.
- Close collaboration with local home birth midwife and local doulas.
- Active Sweet Success Diabetes program assists in the prevention of diabetic complications and neonatal transfers due to hypoglycemia.
Certified Nurse Midwife Qualifications
Masters prepared graduate of an accredited school of nursing or public health (MSN, MPH) required and a midwifery program approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred
CNM Certification; Certified Nurse Midwife by the American Midwifery Certification Board required
Active California RN license required
At least 1 year of nursing experience in a high volume Labor and Delivery unit, required
At least 1 year of experience as a Certified Nurse Midwife, preferred
Minimum of current Intermediate Fetal Monitoring certification required with Advanced Fetal Monitoring required within 3 months of hire
ACLS and NRP current or will be required within 3 months of hire
STABLE certification current or will be required within 6 months of hire
Certified Nurse Midwife Schedule - negotiable
A combination of:
- Clinic hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Hospital shifts: 12 hours, 7--7 days
- You will be helping to create this position, to include the new birthing center
About Plumas District Hospital, located in Quincy, CA
PDH is a small, critical access hospital located where the Cascades meet the Sierra Nevada Mountains in rural Quincy, CA. We are an independent 16 bed hospital offering a full range of services, including primary and specialty care, surgery, laboratory, ancillary services, imaging services, respiratory and physical therapy, and more. Our hospital is nestled within the Plumas Eureka National Forest in Central Plumas County, and it offers a full range of four season outdoor sports and recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, world renown fly fishing, kayaking, horseback riding, and mountain biking, among others. Home to the popular Grinduro Bike Race and the High Sierra Music Festival, our town is full of engaging community events. We're also 90 minutes away from Reno, NV and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe. As the county seat, Quincy draws a unique array of professionals, as well as families, artists, musicians, health and wellness advocates, and it supports a thriving community college. Main street downtown looks like a Norman Rockwell painting; the town celebrates a quieter, safer, family-focused lifestyle.
The hospital emphasizes the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We are proud of the fact that our employees believe passionately in rural healthcare and the chance to truly make a difference by providing high quality care. We focus on patients over paperwork. If a stimulating career in a beautiful community that allows you the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally sounds good, we want to hear from you!
*** $10,000.00 sign-on bonus offered ***
Compensation for this position begins at $59.58 / hour; wage offered is dependent on experience.