Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital is seeking an experienced NICU RN to join the team!
Full-Time, Part-time, and PRN openings. All positions are Night Shift
Full-Time with 2+ years NICU experience will qualify for critical care sign on bonus!
Monitor ongoing performance against the following groups of quality and safety measures:The Leadership, Physicians and Staff of Inova Loudoun Hospital Have Adopted a "Quality Compact" with Its Community Inova Loudoun Hospital believes that excellent healthcare begins with accountability to our community. To be an accountable organization, with ongoing guidance and leadership from our board, we have taken the following actions that have been proven to positively influence hospital quality and safety performance. We will continue to share the results of our progress with the communities we serve.
- Patient infections
- National Hospital Quality of Care indicators
- Patients' satisfaction with their care
- Unplanned readmissions to the hospital
- Set aggressive goals for performance improvement and maintain focus on achieving them
- Ensure that our organization's quality and safety performance continues to measurably improve over time.
Inova Loudoun Hospital is seeking an experienced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN to care for our tiniest patients, as young as 28 weeks, requiring specialized medical attention.
On April 13, 2020 we moved into the hospital’s new North Patient Tower and unveiled an expanded level III NICU, the highest level NICU in Loudoun County, that can accommodate up to 24 infants and includes 14 private rooms. We also have two NICU Pods that were designed for infants who need constant observation. Our unit is staffed 24/7 with board certified neonatologists.
Watch this video to learn more about birthing services at Inova Loudoun Hospital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o54oPWaqGq0&t=43s
The Inova Registered Nurse:
Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.