Overview Full Time Schedules Available: 7A-7P 7P-7A WEO A+This posting will be used to fill multiple positions
The Registered Nurse
provides direct patient care to assigned patients in our Labor & Delivery Unit (E5)
. UAMS Labor and Delivery unit is located in the Harry P. Ward Clinical Tower. The unit consists of 14 LDR rooms, four triage observational beds, two operating rooms suites, a three bed recovery room area and two state of the art Neonatal Stabilization rooms used to stabilize acutely ill neonates with specially trained staff from the Intensive Care Nursery. Labor and Delivery provides high-risk obstetrical care for patients all over the state. On average, this unit performs approximately 300-330 deliveries per month. The LDR rooms allow the expectant mother to labor, deliver, and recover in the birthing suites with family support. E5 Labor and Delivery supports patient and family centered care and as a result, the newborns, if stable, are allowed to stay with their mother's after delivery to promote bonding.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- 11 paid Holidays in addition to Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
The UAMS Registered Nurse delivers nursing care for patients in within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards. The RN is responsible to adhere to the standard of care defined by UAMS, ANA, and Standards for specialty patient population with support and mentoring by other team members.
- Collects and documents assessment data.
- Develops a Plan of Care (POC) per standard.
- Implements POC including medical order and interdisciplinary approach.
- Evaluates the progress of patient toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Provides effective patient/family education/discharge planning.
- Administers medication per standard including drug information to patients/families.
- Acts as a resource/supports others.
- Delivers patient care using the principles of the defined nursing modality.
- Delegates care based on UAMS standards, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job description and individual level of education and training.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that is conducive to clinical education while serving as a resource for student nurses and staff.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master's in Nursing.
- Valid RN License.
- One (1) year Registered Nursing experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethics and accountability.
Employees in this role must be fitted for, capable of donning and performing routine tasks in personal protective equipment to include N95 masks, Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) or Controlled Air Purifying Respirators (CAPR).
- 2 or more years nursing experience with current BLS.
This is a safety sensitive position and subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).