The Women's Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse - OB/GYN
to join our team of professionals in our Emergency Department. The OB-GYN RN specializes in obstetric and gynecologic evaluation prior to admission/transfer and antenatal testing with emphasis on obtaining appropriate treatment. This position is expected to work 36 hours a week, 7PM to 7AM, and 2 out of every 6 weekends.
This position is benefits eligible. Benefits include: tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual starting at hire (8.93 hrs PTO/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more! WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN'S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to give back by supporting programs and charities in our community. WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR RN CANDIDATES?
WHAT ARE THE REGISTERED NURSE RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Registered Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Indiana RN license.
- Maintain BLS, ACLS and NRP certification.
- One-two years' nursing experience is required.
- The RN will adhere to the American Nurses Association Bill of Rights by establishing and maintaining expectations and environments which support sound professional nursing practice.
The Registered Nurse - OB/GYN Emergency Department will provide pre-operative, intra-operative and post anesthesia care to the patient requiring cesarean section, postpartum tubal ligation, postpartum D&C and cervical cerclage placement and removal.
- Provide direct patient care in the OBED.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, critical thinking and judgment of and integrates the use of evidence-based outcomes for nursing practice.
- Supervise care delivered.
- Coordinate plan of care.
- Provide education for patients, families, and staff.
- Collaborate with other disciplines.