Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) NICU Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our NICU Registered Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
What qualifications you will need:Experience
- You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
- You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
- You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
- You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
- You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
- You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
- You will assist in high-risk deliveries and assist Nurse Practitioner with resuscitation
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience in an acute care setting - preferred
License and Certifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
St. David's North Austin Medical Center
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Registered Nurse, Certified in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) - preferred
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification - preferred
is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds
. The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital, St. David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery
. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our NICU Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.