The Clinical Nurse – Maternal Child Health role provides direct patient care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act for assigned patients in maternal-child departments including Perinatology, LDR, Mother/Baby, LDRP, and NICU. The nurse collaborates with other disciplines of the health care team to ensure the delivery of safe, timely, and appropriate quality patient care. This includes providing physical assessments, nursing interventions, pain management, medication administrations, specimen collection, meeting nutritional and emotional needs, and education and discharge needs of the patients assigned. Utilizes the nursing process based on evidence-based best practices to meet patient care needs. Evaluates and adjusts the nursing care process as necessary with consultation as needed and confers with the appropriate resource personnel when making ethical/legal/medical dilemma decisions. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies, and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Hoag Hospital is hosting a two-day virtual hiring event on Thursday, February 24th, and Wednesday, March 2nd. Applicants will interview directly with a nursing leader and receive prompt feedback on their candidacy. Virtual interviews will be conducted in a final interview format, so newly hired nurses can experience an expedited hiring process.
Education and Experience:
- Clinical Nurse I’s at Magnet-designated facilities only require a BSN or that a BSN program is started within one year of hire date and a BSN degree is attained within two years of starting the BSN program.
- Sixteen (16) hours of lactation education and four (4) hours of demonstrated bedside hands-on competencies within 6 months of hire are required for Baby-Friendly designation.
- Registered Nurse in the State of California - Current and in good standing.
- Current BLS certification prior to clinical rotation.
License and Certifications Preferred:
- NRP, IBCLC, and/or MNM RNC.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases, and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses