DescriptionRegistered Nurse Labor and Delivery AdventHealth Celebration Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration's Labor and Delivery:
- $10000 Sign On Bonus and $3,000 Relocation Bonus Potential
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Celebration Labor and Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. AH Celebration is a Magnet Recognized campus for nursing excellence. Just 28 miles south of Orlando, Celebration was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level II Maternity Care for approximately 3,375+ births per year (281+ babies per month). The unit consists of 6 OB Triage rooms, 10 labor rooms, 2 OB ORs and 2 PACU beds. The adjacent units are a 10 bed Level II NICU, a 24 bed Mother Baby Unit and a 13 bed overflow MIU/GYN unit.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and Anesthesiology.
- The OB team has received the AACN BEACON Award for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes, patient experience and team engagement.
- AH Celebration is a Baby Friendly designated campus.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative's PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team is able to provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include the Professional Excellence Program, Perinatal Nurse Internship Program, active Unit Practice Council, and our Multidisciplinary Obstetrical Simulation Training.
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
• Full Time Nights$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below) Sign-on Eligibility:
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required..
- Internal Candidates are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
QualificationsWhat Will You Need: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and Experience Preferred
- Graduate of a school of nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.