SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Experienced Registered Nurses, if you have a passion for Labor and Delivery and now is the time for career growth, then apply to HCA's L&D Nurse Residency to learn how we will support you in your learning and development.
This position begins on March 7th and the deadline to accept the position is February 18th. Apply immediately for consideration before it's too late! Reston Hospital Center is a Level II Trauma, HCA Healthcare, and Joint Commission Accredited facility.
We are a nationally recognized birth center for our high quality care for Northern Virginia. For three consecutive years, we have received Excellence Awards in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Labor and Delivery from Healthgrades™, meaning we are among the top 10% of maternity hospitals evaluated for exceptional care and clinical outcomes during childbirth.HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skill sets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
16 Week Orientation:·
Additional Information about Our Unit:
- 6 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and BLS/ACLS, NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program), STABLE (Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood, Lab Work, Emotional Support), EKG (Electrocardiogram), and TeamStepps certifications
- 10 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
- Our 16 bed unit provides a warm environment for our patients by offering private labor and birthing rooms that include private baths and comfortable furniture and sleep sofas for overnight stay
- Our team is driven, focused, and supportive of each other
- Our leaders have a passion for supporting your professional goals, teaching you excellent practices, and building your collegial relationships
- We have a 1:2 patient/nurse ratio and we are actively looking for motivated nurses who are passionate about Labor and Delivery and customer service focused
- You will get to experience critical care at its best on our unit.
RN Licensure; Graduate of an accredited nursing schoolPreferred:
Experienced RN or New Grad with previous related work experience in women's health and/or acute hospital careWe believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.Want to obtain your Online BSN in the future?
Get it on us. We pay your Online BSN tuition with no out-of-pocket expense to you through our partnership with Galen College of Nursing.Want to get an in-person BSN or Master's degree in the future?
Take of advantage of discounted tuition through our many school partnerships AND use our Tuition Reimbursement on top of that.Have student loans?
Let us help you. We offer Student Loan Assistance!Want to grow in your career?
We have career pathways in place that allow you to be the CEO of your career.
We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. In addition to job security and the reputability that comes with HCA, your benefits will include a competitive salary, 401k with 3-9% matching, paid time off, extended FMLA
, four medical plan options, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs, employee stock purchase program, and so much more!Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today.
We are actively reviewing applications for motivated nursing students who will help us raise the bar in patient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.