DescriptionRegistered Nurse Women's Center Pre-Op/PACU AdventHealth Tampa Location Address:
3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Up to $10K sign on bonus and relocation incentives
- AdventHealth Tampa, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time/Days. Four 10-hour shifts plus call. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers - in person or on the telephone.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, participants in clinical ladder will have additional expectations in this role.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP, NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements.
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
- The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.