You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Birth Center Registered Nurse.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are passionate about coaching and educating your patients through a life-changing event.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
The Birth Center of Denver, Colorados first freestanding, hospital-owned birth center, encompasses all aspects of pregnancy in one place, offering a low-risk, more natural approach to childbirth outside of the hospital setting, but located just a few short minutes away. However, since The Birth Center of Denver is owned by Saint Joseph Hospital, if medical care is ever necessary, Colorados top baby hospital is always close by.
The Birth Center of Denver has beautifully-decorated 500- to 600-square feet birth suites with spa-like amenities with plenty of space to move around to support a natural approach to birth. Each of the five luxurious and spacious suites has natural light, oversized tubs for hydrotherapy and birthing, birth slings, birth balls, aromatherapy, dimming lights and adjustable beds. In addition to space for the mother, the suites have a separate area for family and loved ones to gather, complete with a TV, small refrigerator and freezer and refreshments.
Our holistic model also offers alternative methods of pain management and customizable birth plans. In addition, certified nurse-midwives are on hand to provide prenatal care, classes, labor and delivery, postpartum assistance and newborn support.
[Saint Joseph Hospital](http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/) is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence Magnet designation by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
[Benefits](http://www.sclhealthsystem.org/careers/benefits/) are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Birth Center RN you need to know how to:
* Assist families throughout the birth process and work with a team of nurse-midwives and other professionals.
* Offer nursing care for women who have low risk pregnancies by providing information, guidance and hands-on clinical care during prenatal care, birth, postpartum and newborn care.
* Provide care with the CNM for prenatal, postpartum and well newborn visits and client education programs under the supervision of the CNM.
* Provide key sources of information and support for the whole family during the period following birth. The birth the nurses responsibility is primarily the newborn care as well as supporting breastfeeding, comfort of family and assisting the CNM with any necessary procedures.
* Conduct home visits for mothers and newborns following the practice guidelines of Birth Center of Denver.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting, required
* Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability to obtain Colorado RN license, required
* Current BLS endorsed by the American Heart Association, ACLS, and NRP certifications, required
* At least one (1) year of nursing experience in an L&D setting, highly preferred
*Are you a New Grad RN? *Saint Joseph Hospital offers new graduate residency programs to help provide you with additional support as you begin your nursing career with us. Check out our New Grad Featured Job section of our careers website to keep informed on which programs are currently accepting applications.
*Your next move.*
Now that you know more about being a Birth Center RN on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Responsibilities and Requirements: