Description Registered Nurse Neonatal ICU AdventHealth for Children
- Part time Nights Location Address:
601 East Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32803 Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth for Children:
Work Hours/Shift: Part-time
- As one of the premier children's health systems in the nation, AdventHealth for Children sets the standard for innovation, quality and comprehensive care. Our technologically advanced, flagship facility is designed by Walt Disney Imagineers to be child-friendly.
- Across Central Florida, there are more than 300 dedicated, pediatric beds — 200 of which are located at the tertiary children's hospital in Orlando.
- We have assembled a world-class team of doctors, specialists, nurses and health care professionals that utilizes some of the most advanced technologies, therapies and treatments available to care for our patients. This includes 140 pediatric specialists practicing 35 subspecialties and 800+ Pediatric specialty trained staff.
- For a second time, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) has granted AdventHealth for Children Magnet® recognition, which establishes the hospital as a national leader in nursing and patient care. Only seven-percent of the nation's hospitals have received this recognition.
- Comprehensive Heart Center with a multidisciplinary team including congenital heart disease experts and elite pediatric cardiovascular surgeons.
- Level IV Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Center featuring the highest designation awarded by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- Duke Health affiliate in pediatric bone marrow transplant (BMT); the Kids Beating Cancer BMT program is the first of its kind in Central Florida and is internationally accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- Only pediatric liver transplant program in Central Florida, in partnership with UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Level III NICU offering the highest level of care available to neonatal babies and recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Children's Hospital for newborn care in Florida.
- Want to see what it's like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of the AdventHealth for Children campus!
, Nights You Will Be Responsible For:
- Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range gals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the developmental and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow-up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to the patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
QualificationsWhat Will You Need: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and Experience Preferred
- Graduate of a school of nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.