The MA/LPN is responsible for performing a variety of duties working collaboratively with the medical provider and office manager/supervisor. They may be involved in both the clinical and clerical duties of the practice in order to deliver optimal patient care services within the scope of the MA/LPN's professional expertise. MA's/LPN's may provide care which is considered routine, poses little potential hazard for the patient, involve little or no modification from one client-care situation to another, be performed with a predictable outcome, or does not inherently involve ongoing assessments, interpretations, or decision-making, which could not be logically separated from the procedure itself.
- Current MA Certification or LPN license
- Previous experience in a clinical office setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding, medical terminology, and Allscripts EHR preferred.