SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you an IBCLC Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse RN
with experience and a passion for providing an exceptional level of lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants? Then apply now to join the team at Johnston-Willis Hospital.Hear why our employees love working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
At Johnston-Willis Hospital
we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed
hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.HCA Healthcare:
Take our Johnston-Willis Hospital MIU Virtual Tour!
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
We have a 24-bed Labor Delivery Recovery Postpartum (LDRP),
with spacious rooms our patients remain in for the duration of their stay, plus a 20-bed Newborn Nursery
. In addition, we have 3 overflow Postpartum rooms and 2 Obstetrics (OB) Operating Rooms
. For high-risk pregnancies and childbirths, we maintain a 20-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU),
multiple maternal-fetal medicine specialists, and 24/7 Neonatologist coverage.
As an IBCLC Lactation Consultant
you will provide skilled direct lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants throughout the health care facility, including inpatient and outpatient settings. In addition, you will promote breastfeeding and assist with facilitating change within the clinical settings using evidence-based care management, and you will:
- Demonstrate expert practice within the scope of lactation consulting with objectivity and with respect for the unique needs and values of individuals.
- Coordinate and provide in-house lactation services.
- Develop, implement and conduct breast-feeding education programs for the nursing staff.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Coordinate collection and analysis of outcome measurement statistics.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity
, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current certification as an IBCLC International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (required)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
- Clinical experience in Women's and Children's Health (required)
- Experience as a Lactation Consultant (preferred)
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
"We are an equal opportunity employer
and we value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status." Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.