The Nursing Professional Development Specialist (NPD) RN develops tools, theories, skills and knowledge to advance the practice of the Nursing Professional Development (NPD) specialty, functioning autonomously and in collaboration with staff, leadership, faculty and researchers to develop, implement and evaluate professional development programs that influence professional role competence, continuous learning and growth. Promote synergistic practices and patient outcomes throughout the organization, advances and leads NPD practice based on the Organization's Professional Practice Model, and in accordance with Association Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Development Practice.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Analyzes issues and forecasts trends to determine the learning needs of individuals, service lines and organizations, using a systematic approach.
* Validates, prioritizes and documents evidence of professional practice gaps and outcomes in a manner that facilitates the educational planning process.
* Designs, implements and evaluates high quality, culturally sensitive and frequently complex educational activities, programs or projects for staff at all stages of their career development based on identified knowledge and practice gaps, using relevant evidence, theory, research, innovative process and practical experiences. Analyzes cost and anticipated return on investment for learning activities, programs or projects.
* Engages stakeholders and resources in the planning and implementation stages of lifelong learning activities for individuals or groups of learners. Measures program outcomes in terms of learning change, impact and professional role competency and revises future outcomes based on trends, evidence, and changes in stakeholder expectations.
* Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices in collaboration with others to ensure that nursing and the organization's goals and mission are in alignment. Develops and applies appropriate measurement tools in quality improvement activities.
* Participates in and assists others in professional role development, practice role transitions and succession planning. Collaborates with Community Education programs to facilitate, coordinate and maintain effective allied health and nursing education programs. Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of professional development practice and role transitions. Applies the educational process by selecting education content, materials, and techniques that can appeal to a diverse target audience in a positive learning environment.
* Serves as an influential leader in interprofessional learning, professional growth, and practice change throughout the organization.
* Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new knowledge and integrating best available evidence into practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates and participates in research, (Enterprise Resource Planning) EBP, and (Quality Improvement) QI, including dissemination of findings locally and nationally.
* Integrates ethics by analyzing factors related to privacy, security, and confidentiality in the use and handling of records related to educational programs.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of assignment.
* Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse reactions.
* Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient privacy rights.
* Ability to effectively use a variety of teaching methods.
* Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and in writing.
* Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of constituencies.
* Teach, coach and mentor others in program planning and development.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Masters'
* EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
* CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.