Join UChicago Medicine
, as a Clinical Nurse Educator
within the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
A Clinical Nurse Educator is a nurse with previous educational experience whose focus is on staff development and nursing education. This nurse is an educator, consultant, role model, staff/patient advocate, change agent, leader and cost effective professional. In collaboration with nursing leadership, the Clinical Nurse Educator designs, develops, implements, and evaluates a variety of educational offerings in order to improve nursing care and clinical/organizational outcomes. The Clinical Nurse Educator elevates the standard of professional nursing practice at UCM by developing, coaching and mentoring staff to become expert clinicians and leaders.Essential Job Functions
- Assesses the education needs of employees within area of responsibility.
- Utilizes standardized and develops customized assessment tools and testing methodologies to measure staff knowledge and skill in core nursing practices and within specialty areas.
- Interprets the medical centers strategic imperatives, policies, guidelines, and other internal demands in order to design education that supports these strategic goals and key objectives.
- Plans and designs a variety of educational activities based on the needs assessment.
- Collaborates with key staff to develop a comprehensive annual educational calendar.
- Designs specialty based orientations for clinical staff.
- Designs inservices and continuing education programs for staff.
- Fosters a cultural environment that promotes learning.
- Evaluates all learning activities using objective performance criteria and recommends corresponding changes in education plans.
- Participates and collaborates with nursing leadership in quality, research and scholarly activities and develops grant proposals as appropriate.
- Researches available funding sources and submits funding proposals in order to implement support and expand new or existing programs to meet the educational needs.
- Participates on departmental and hospital committees
- Participates in seminars, workshops, and/or for credit course in area of professional interest and work responsibility.
- BSN required
- Current RN Illinois license
- Minimum requirement of three years of clinical practice
- Knowledge and previous application of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated leadership skills evidenced by serving as a charge nurse, preceptor, or episodic teacher
- Demonstrates complex decision-making skills and problem-solving ability
- Master of Science in Nursing or related education field
- Experience in Level 3 NICU
- RNC-NIC certification
- NRP certification
- Previous experience working within multidisciplinary teams or nursing leadership committees
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Day, 8a-4:30p
- Unit/Department: Professional Development
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMCs COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire. Why Join Us
Weve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment with patients and with each other. Were in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If youd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, were doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.