SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Lactation Consultant
to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Webster, TX Lactation Consultant HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
, a 610-bed facility
in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community. What you will do in this role:
Qualifications What qualifications you will need: Experience: Two years of staff nurse experience in women's services.Breastfeeding education experience with minimum of two years working with childbearing and breastfeeding families. Education:
- Responsible for conducting hospital rounds to evaluate mother and infant needs as they relate to breastfeeding and the initiation of lactogenesis.
- Provides verbal and written information to parents about breastfeeding.
- Educates mothers in the use of electric and manual breast pumps and provides information on storage and transfer of expressed breast milk.
- Assists with the development of breastfeeding programs which are congruent with the stated mission and objectives of Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
- Assists in determining the breastfeeding needs of the expectant/delivered family in collaboration with MDs and nursing.
- Assists in planning and implementing policies and procedures regarding lactation management.
- Participate in the education of hospital staff in the Women's Services departments.
- Initiates/actively participates in performance improvement activities, both department specific and hospital-wide.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining current competency and/or certification for the practice of lactation consulting.
- Maintains own professional growth through appropriate organizations, seminars, and self-directed education endeavors.
- Shares and promotes the hospital's Mission, Vision, and Values: supports the Ethics & Compliance Program.
- Completion of certification requirements for IBCLC preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocation Nurse in the State of Texas or compact state, (RN preferred).
- If not IBCLC, must be Certified Breastfeeding Educator (CBE) and complete IBCLC certification within two years.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to population-specific needs. Able to adapt education/practice to meet the needs of the infant, young child, adolescent and adult.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certified or to complete within one year of date of hire.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.