Job DescriptionJob Summary
Our partner is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife who is committed to delivering evidence based, client-centered care both in-person and virtually with technology. Our Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) provide care in a team-based approach, focusing on prenatal, childbirth, postpartum, newborn care, and family planning needs. You will provide care for your own and across your team's client panels in a virtual or outpatient clinic setting, and support labor and delivery in a hospital setting.
Strong candidates will have a demonstrated history of commitment to culturally-sensitive, trauma-informed midwifery care across diverse populations. You are familiar with the intersections of social determinants of health and perinatal outcomes. You bring creative ideas and initiative to integrate clinical care innovation with systems-level change that reduces disparities in perinatal outcomes.Responsibilities:
- Participation in and development of clinical practice guidelines
- Collaborating with other teams (tech, marketing, operations) to support clinical care processes
- Provide prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum care for Quilted Health Clients
Additional Preferred Clinical Skills:
- Miscarriage management
- Coordinating social support services for patients
- Basic knowledge of both Medicaid and commercial insurance plans
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring
- Contraception counseling and administration
- Substance use and domestic violence recognition and counseling
- Current knowledge of obstetric and gynecological health issues and trends
- IUD insertion
- Basic Ultrasound Skills (1st/2nd trimester dating, IUD visualization, confirmation of fetal position)
- Capability to be first assist for c-sections or willingness to train as such
- Nexplanon insertion
- Experience and familiarity with perinatal mental health in the CNM scope of practice, including diagnosis and pharmacologic treatment of common perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, substance use disorder
- VBAC experience preferred
- Proficiency in a second language
- Understanding of social determinants of health and willing to give whole person care (including partnering with community care to support patients needs)
- 3+ years experience as a CNM in hospital or birth center
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Washington
- Active Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license with prescriptive authority in the State of Washington
- National certification with American College of Nurse Midwives
- BLS and NRP certification by date of hire
- Experience managing and delivering care to diverse populations with complex and varied needs
- Successful track record obtaining and maintaining hospital privileges and insurance credentials
- Experience managing labor & birth in the hospital setting
Company DescriptionDirectShifts is a recruitment platform and staffing agency for health systems, telemedicine companies and doctors offices across the country.
We provide full-time, travel, and work-from-home opportunities through both active recruitment and by inviting employers to contact clinicians directly.
Credentialing on DirectShifts keeps you in our system for current and ongoing consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit the link (http://directshifts.com/newapp) for more information.