Overview:M Health Fairview is looking for a Lactation Consultant RN at St. John's Hospital in Maplewood, MN. This position is Casual
hours per two weeks on the Day/Evening
shift, for 10 hour shifts.
St. John's Hospital provides a warm, inviting atmosphere and caring, personal staff. State of the art technology, combined with the expertise of our specialists, nurses and staff, contribute to our innovative healing environment and compassionate health care delivery. We are committed to providing superior health care to our growing community. Our 184 bed facility offers a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
The Lactation Consultant assesses and meets specific needs of inpatient breastfeeding Women, and works with the maternity care team and clinical staff as a resource.
If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, you may be asked to participate in a pre-recorded video interview.The recorded video interviews are reviewed by our hiring team and provide the reviewers with insights on the skills, attributes and experiences you possess that will allow you to be successful in your role.You will be notified by email or phone if selected for the next stage of our recruitment process. At any time, you may also check your application status online in your Fairview applicant profile at this link.Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Provides one on one consultation, develops and implements education for patients /families in the Hospital
- Provides follow up for patients who have discussed lactation concerns with staff nurses and need additional consultation with a lactation consultant.
- Acts as a visible lactation resource to promote lactation services and breastfeeding education
- 2 to 3 years experience working with breastfeeding mothers
- 2 to 3 years knowledge of planning and implement of breastfeeding education for patients and staff
- Must be IBCLC Certified
- Degree in Nursing
- RN License