Title: Perinatal Clinical Educator
Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare is a leading healthcare services company with a vast network of providers that we leverage to improve service delivery and patient outcomes. Our mission is to provide quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve. To this end, we seek and develop talent that will reflect this commitment to our mission and values.
This position is part of the Clinical education team that supports the needs of the facilities throughout that market. Under the guidance of the Market Education Director, the Clinical Educator collaborates with facility/market nursing leadership and staff across departments to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel and non-nursing personnel as indicated or requested. The educator acts as a key resource in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff at Tenet Healthcare. The Nursing Educator implements a comprehensive education program for his/her assigned units while following and contributing to Tenet educational goals and vision. Educational programs typically include, but are not limited to orientation, continuing education, and in-services. Other services may include, but are not limited to process, performance and service-delivery consultation and contributions to the organization through councils, committees, and workgroups.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education or related specialty
- 2 years nursing experience in Perinatal Services preferred
- Current State Licenses & Certifications (BLS, ACLS, NRP)
- Supports the educational needs for assigned units/clinics including classroom, clinical experiences and learning technologies.
- Implements Tenet comprehensive education programs to meet the orientation and ongoing competency needs and professional development needs of the nursing staff, with specific focus for his/her units/clinics, which supports the Tenet model of professional nursing practice.
- Ensures all program/ course revisions meet the Department of Nursing and regulatory expectations and standards. Adheres to national education practice standards and stays abreast of current research into nursing education practice. Programs are executed and revised based on adult learning principles, organizational and learning theory consistent with Tenet endorsed philosophy and direction.
- Provides consultation to enhance continuing education, professional development opportunities and mentorship opportunities.
- Delivers/coordinates other educational programs as directed (e.g., Grand Rounds, in-services, continuing education, job-specific and specialty curricula) to support competence and professional growth of Tenet nursing staff.
- Provides leadership to preceptors and serves as a role model through educational programs and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Serves as a facilitator to nurse residents and actively mentors and supports their growth in the profession and clinical practice.
- Participates in continuing education provider unit learning. Evaluates nursing education activities which qualify for continuing education credit. Participates in activities to keep abreast of the changes to market/facility policies/procedures of the provider unit, and the expectations of the educator role.
- Assists in development of clinical policies and procedures as requested.
- Provides guidance, resources and knowledge for professional growth of others.
- Mentors colleagues, other nurses, students and others as appropriate.
- Participates in quality performance improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift Type: Days
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.