Job Description***NOTE : Relocation Package bonus (based on mileage)
$10,000 Sign on Bonus
Night & Day shift openings - 7a-7p, 7p-7a
We offer great benefits:
Paid Time Off
Student Loan Repayment
And Much More!
Be a part of the Best!
We are an extraordinary facility designed to serve the unique healthcare needs of women and babies in a caring, compassionate environment. We offer the most advanced, family-centered obstetrical care available in the west Houston, Cy-Fair and Katy areas.
Our 40-bed Level III and Level II Kate Lindig Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is located on the floor directly above the Labor & Delivery unit within Women's Hospital. Offering exceptional clinical care for high-risk newborns as early as 23 weeks' gestation, the multidisciplinary team combines their expertise to provide optimal care for each baby and each family. High risk infants receive continuous monitoring, observational support and specialized medical care, with skilled neonatology in-house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* Located in the MH Tower designed with state-of-the-art technological support in a quiet, home-like environment
* 16 private patient rooms, each with a designated family zone for comfort and night accommodations
NicView™ camera system to allow parents, family and friends to view their infant in a live stream through a secure online portal
* Wireless Internet access and refrigerators in each patient room
* Parent support areas, including a shower room, nutrition room and comfortable waiting areas
* Nursing substations between rooms
* Treatment room set up as a surgical suite
* Surgeries can be performed at the bedside
* Locked unit for increased safety and security. All visitors must be escorted by security to floor.
* Liberal visiting hours
* Infant CPR classes for parents
* Kangaroo care
* Donor milk available
* Bereavement program
* Honeysuckle Boutique
* Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
* Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
* Certified in Basic Life Support
* Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
* Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I - RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results.
* Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
* Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
* Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
* Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
* Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
* Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
* Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
* Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Hospital policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
* Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
* Other duties as assigned.