Clinical Nurse Educator – Perinatal Care
Maine Medical Center
Under the oversight and direction of the Center for Clinical and Professional Development, the Clinical Nurse Educator contributes to the overall strategic plan for nursing focusing on both clinical practice and professional education and development. Through the interwoven practice elements of leader, educator, facilitator, change agent, and clinical expert, the Clinical Nurse Educator will promote the provision of quality care, patient safety, evidence based practice, and professional progression in nursing. Responsible for educational demands and services associated with 24 hour clinical staff needs.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or matriculated in a Master’s degree program within 3-6 months of hire.
- 3-5 years' experience in Labor and Delivery required.
- Licensed as a registered professional nurse by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Professional certification in practice specialty preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience and meets all the care delivery expectations of the expert clinical nurse within their clinical setting. Experience in classroom instruction and clinical teaching associated with specialty specific settings is required. Experience as a clinical instructor for nursing students, is a plus.
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of educational development and design in order to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of educational offerings for nurses and other health care professionals from a variety of practice settings.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/jobs/1089703-clinical-nurse-educator-rn-perinatal-care
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
MaineHealth is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.