ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Labor & Delivery Unit Highlights:
- Level 4 maternity care with a level 3 NICU
- 3,700 deliveries per year
- Our own OB Emergency department
- Great orientation
- Great relationships with providers
Interested in a different location or facility? ProMedica has multiple openings across our system in acute care Women's Services, see locations below:
- Monroe Regional Hospital - Obstetrics (Monroe, MI)
- Hickman Hospital - LDRP (Adrian, MI)
- Coldwater Hospital - Obstetrics (Coldwater, MI)
- Flower Hospital - LDRP (Sylvania, OH)
- Toledo Hospital - L&D, Obstetrics (Toledo, OH)
- Memorial Hospital - Obstetrics (Fremont, OH)
- Defiance Regional Hospital - Obstetrics (Defiance, OH)
- Nursing degree required, BSN preferred
- RN license in the State of Ohio or Michigan *(depending on location of hospital)
- Current BLS
- The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1 hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio nurse practice code and rules
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace