At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead, and unlock your potential.
Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista provides a variety of medical and surgical services, including inpatient and outpatient care. Located less than 10 miles from the US-Mexico border, Scripps Mercy serves the cities of Chula Vista, Otay Mesa, National City, Imperial Beach, Bonita and beyond.
We invite you to join our Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista Labor and Delivery team as a Manager of Patient Care.
As a Manager of Patient Care for Labor and Delivery you will create and maintain an environment that assures nursing practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety. In addition, you will…
- Responsible for the daily operations of assigned nursing unit, including creating and managing staffing plans and ensuring appropriate equipment and resources are available to staff to do their job.
- Ensures appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology (Teletracking) and adherence to care processes for bed placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and patient discharge.
- Ensures the safe transition of patients thru the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care.
- Accountable for meeting operational budgets for assigned department(s).
This is a Full-Time salaried position with a day shift schedule with variable days depending on unit needs. This position is located at Scripps Mercy Chula Vista.
As a condition of employment, Scripps Health requires all employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or agree to vaccination at the point of hire or submit a written request on the appropriate Scripps form for an exception based on a medical reason, disability or sincerely-held religious belief, practice or observance with supporting documentation. Proof of vaccination must be submitted at the pre-employment physical. Alternatively, if an applicant is not fully vaccinated at the time of offer acceptance, they should reach out to their Recruitment Coordinator as possible to obtain instructions on where to go to obtain vaccination or to request forms to request an exception based on a valid medical reason, disability or sincerely-held religious belief, practice or observance with supporting documentation.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or MSN preferred.
- Labor and Delivery leadership recent experience preferred.
- Prefer at least 3 years’ recent experience in Labor and Delivery unit.
- RNC certificate preferred.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Associate's degree plus five years applicable clinical experience, two of which in a leadership role.
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope of the organization and complexity of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Maintains current California RN license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
- NRP certificate.
- Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring Certificate from AWHONN or NCC.
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the following criteria must be met
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter.