Perinatal Safety Officer (RN/CNM)
SBH Health System – St. Barnabas Hospital is a 460-bed hospital and Trauma Center, located in south-central Bronx, New York, providing exceptional service to the underserved population for over 150 years. We are an academic community Health System, affiliated with the CUNY School of Medicine and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The hospital facility includes an updated and Baby-Friendly designated maternity pavilion, a Level III Perinatal unit and an ambulatory surgery suite. Our federally designated Center of Excellence for Women’s Health is located in a state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center along with women’s imaging and pediatric services.
We are seeking a full-time Perinatal Safety Officer to join the Women’s Health Division, reporting to the department chair. Our team includes full-time OBGYN physicians and midwives, an outstanding nursing team, 24/7 neonatology and anesthesia, and a unique osteopathic manipulation service which provides treatments to all postpartum mothers and neonates.
The Perinatal Safety Officer will assume a leadership role with responsibility for maintenance and augmentation of quality, safety and performance improvement initiatives, data collection, analysis and reporting of quality measures, and boosting service growth. Focus includes enhancement of patient and HCW satisfaction, staff education and support of evidence-based practice. Along with the rest of the leadership team, the Perinatal Officer will support strategic benchmarking, highlight trends, and cultivate innovative solutions. The Perinatal Safety officer will promote a culture of patient safety, adhering to departmental, institutional, regional and Federal clinical and ethical standards.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Education: BSN required, Master’s preferred
- Required Licenses & Certification: Active NYS Registered Nurse License, Certified Nurse Midwife Certification, BLS
- Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years in a related leadership position
- 2+ years of experience in Perinatal Nursing or Midwifery
- 5+ years of clinical and/or hospital experience preferred
- Excellent leadership abilities in establishment of liaisons, networks, and facilitating the growth and development of the program
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and management ability
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates and supports innovative, creative solution or recommendations
- Apply critical thinking skills, utilizing financial and quality data for conceptual planning for the service line/program vision and clinical operations