Registered Nurse - Birthing Inn
- POSITION PURPOSE
- Coordinates and administers medical and nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process which involves: an assessment of the patient's physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs; planning and development of an individualized plan of nursing care; implementation of the patient's care plan; and evaluation of the patient's response to that care. Complies with all established standards and practices.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Associate Degree: Nursing
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Entry Level
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse in the State of Wisconsin and/or the State of Illinois based on job location assignment.
- Neonatal Resuscitation certification to be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to read, write, speak, hear and comprehend the English language.
- The physical, technical and cognitive ability as well as the manual dexterity, to use patient care equipment.
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Demonstrates competency with specific clinical skills and techniques that are listed in the department/unit skills list. Functions within the Wisconsin Nurse Practices Act and hospital/nursing policy.
- Coordinates and administers medical and nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process as a framework for practice.
- Demonstrates communication and leadership skills by collaborating with and giving direction to members of the health care team to achieve positive patient outcomes within established timeframes.
- Administers medications, IV's and treatments in a timely manner, safely and in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Coordinates patient teaching.
- Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of patient equipment according to specific product information and policy/procedure manuals.
- Maintains and organizes patient rooms and department work areas in a neat, clean and well-supplied manner; initiative is taken to assure environment is maintained to promote rest and healing.
- Organizes and completes nursing care activities within the assigned shift and in a professional manner.
- Promptly and courteously responds to any patient call light.
- Recognizes the occurrence of life-threatening situations and emergencies and takes the appropriate actions in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in the implementation and monitoring of unit based Quality Assurance standards of care.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff and nursing student clinical rotations as requested. #cb
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.