Critical RN Labor and Delivery
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as a(an) Critical RN Labor and Delivery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsWe are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Las Palmas Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K-(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance-and-Reimbursements-for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts-including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,-Auto, and-Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term-&-Long Term Disability-coverage
- Legal Benefits-and lots more!Learn more about Employee BenefitsDo you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
What qualifications you will need:REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS-Texas or Compact State Nursing License - RN required-BCLS Certification-NRP Certification (Chapters 1-9) within 3 months of hire or immediately with Newborn, Labor andDelivery/Antepartum experience-ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire or immediately if required at previous employer-Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 6 months from finish of floor orientation.REQUIRED EDUCATION:-Graduate from an Accredited Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree of Nursing Program-Effective oral and written communication skills-Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care-Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills-Strong critical thinking and communication skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.-Ability to lead a team and function as a team member.-Excellent customer service skills, follow AIDET philosophy.Computer literate in charting and order entry.Introductory Fetal Monitoring course completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.-20 hours or Breastfeeding Education, 5 hours will be under direct observation of the Lactation Consultant within 6 months of hire. Annual competency check-off to follow after 20 education hours are completed.PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing Program preferred.2. Perinatal and neonatal healthcare experience preferred.3. S.T.A.B.L.E. course certification within 6 months of hire preferred.4. Lactation Educator or Consultant preferred.5. AWHONN member-is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only . The facility offers a including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. -In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Critical RN Labor and Delivery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.-We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.