Clinical Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse - Family Birthing Services
Anchorage is a great place to live, work and play. Known as America’s last frontier, the State of Alaska is one of the most wildly popular tourist destinations in the world! You’ll be hard pressed to find anywhere in the world as uniquely beautiful as The State of Alaska. Anchorage residents are able to see and experience the world’s most beautiful wildlife, natural phenomenon’s and landscapes on a regular basis while still having access to shopping, restaurants and the performing arts!
Come join the Best-in-State Employer for Alaska (Forbes, 2019), where you can experience unrivaled outdoor adventures in the Last Frontier! The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) offers a unique, collaborative environment of professionals dedicated to their work and the vision of making Alaska Native people the healthiest people in the world.
ANTHC is a non-profit Tribal health organization designed to meet the unique health needs of Alaska Native and American Indian people living in Alaska. The Consortium is the largest, most comprehensive Tribal health organization in the United States, and Alaska’s second-largest health employer with more than 3,000 employees offering an array of health services to people around the nation’s largest state.
In partnership with Tribal health organizations and the people we serve throughout Alaska, ANTHC provides world-class health services, which include comprehensive medical services at the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), wellness programs, disease research and prevention, rural provider training and rural water and sanitation systems construction. ANMC is also home to one of America’s most unique health care environments – a place where the highest quality care and cutting-edge technology meet special cultural and traditional services and customer experiences.
ANMC is currently recruiting for experienced Registered Nurses and Clinical Nurse Case Managers for our Family Birthing Services department. Successful candidates will have:
Clinical Nurse Case Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years of increasing experience in Labor & Delivery, of which one (1) year must be supervisory
- Associate’s degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Family Birthing Specialty
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the State of Alaska by start date*.
- BLS & ACLS
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the patient care team.
- Ability to provide direct supervision and appropriate delegation to nursing support staff as needed.
- Demonstrates decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional role model behavior required.
- Utilize the ANA scope and Standards of Practice and the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements as the foundation for nursing practice.
- More than 20 Federal healthcare plans! Plans for employee, employee plus one, and employee plus family available. ANTHC covers 80% of all health insurance premiums.
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, and AD&D provided at no cost to employees.
- Time off to enjoy Alaska! 4 weeks paid vacation per year to start to promote a health work-life balance. In addition, there are 10 paid holidays.
- 401(a) retirement plan; ANTHC will contribute 3% of your annual compensation to the plan account each year, with up to an additional 5% match. 6-year vesting schedule.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan pre-tax and Roth options. Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent care are also available.
- Onsite Child Care available in a brand new education facility.
- Onsite free gym access. Additional gym available with rock climbing wall and salt-water pool available at the Alaska Pacific University for a small fee per semester. Steep discounts on outdoor equipment rentals available for your Alaskan adventures!
- Tuition reductions for employees and their eligible dependents at the Alaska Pacific University.
The Alaska Native Medical Center is federally recognized as a Health Professional Shortage Area facility: employees are eligible for several student loan repayment programs:
- National Health Service Loan Repayment Program: In exchange for agreeing to be employed fulltime for 2 years, you are eligible for up to $50,000 student loan repayment
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: RNs and APRNs who are accepted in to the program receive up to 85% of their unpaid nursing education debt repaid
- Indian Health Service Loan Repayment Program: Nurses are eligible for student loan repayment up to $40,000 in exchange for a two-year service commitment to working in an IHS facility
Loan repayment funds are available through competitive application processes, where higher HPSA scores are given priority. Loan repayment is not guaranteed. Eligibility is limited to ANTHC staff working in specific health professions. Employees interested in any loan repayment programs must apply and receive approval from the NHSC or IHS.
*if you have a temporary AK RN license we are able to hire you until full licensure is obtained.