SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time**$15,000 sign-on bonus for qualified candidates** Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
is a 223-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® - heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care - for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care.
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the areas only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents.
The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.Job Summary The Womens Care Nurse
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient
- Develops a plan with strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
- Evaluates progress toward the attainment of the proposed outcome
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Interacts with peers and contributes to the professional development of peers
- Collaborates with the patient, family, and others in an ethical manner
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice
- Leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Follows established patient safety guidelines for reporting a medical error
- Performs unit specific duties as defined by the unit specific requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned but is not limited to floating to various units
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs & Student Loan Repayment
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)Qualifications Qualifications
- Current FL license as a RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 1+ years of experience as a RN in a Labor and Delivery setting preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.