Women's Services Director
JCA Personnel has been retained by Palo Pinto General Hospital in Mineral Wells, TX to identify and vet applicants for their Women's Services Director position. Palo Pinto General Hospital is a 99 bed, hospital district facility with a great reputation. They are a level 1 facility with two full time OB physicians and another OB who delivers PRN. PPGH averages 300 – 325 deliveries annually. A great place to work!
Software: Meditech/Centricity OB Module.
Job Summary: The Women's Services Director will have full strategic and operational responsibility for the department. The incumbent will perform the primary functions of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care in an obstetric unit. Establishes, implements, and manages financial resources for the area of responsibility. Promotes team efforts with physicians and other healthcare team personnel. Monitors and evaluates quality improvement specified for the Women's Services Department to achieve and maintain, Neonatal and Maternal Designation for Unit. Maintains HIPAA standards and regulations.
Job Responsibility / Core Duty:Plans, assesses, directs and participates in the delivery of Women’s Services nursing care.
· Participates in setting standards for patient care and nursing practice in obstetrics, gynecologic and neonatal nursing.
· Determines the number and level of personnel needed to provide quality patient care according to AWHONN guidelines.
· Manages the women’s services patient during preoperative, intra operative and postoperative periods.
· Manages obstetrical conditions including preeclampsia, eclampsia, gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, premature rupture of amniotic membranes, placenta previa, abruptio placenta, repeat or scheduled cesarean section, or the induction or augmentation of labor
· Manages the care of patients on external or internal fetal monitors and records and evaluates fetal heart rates and uterine contractions.
· Performs non-stress tests, oxytocin challenge stress tests in compliance with established policy and procedure.
· Cares for patient post operatively including IV care, incision care, maintenance of fluid and electrolyte balance, prevention of post-op complications, sign and symptoms of complications and reports problems to physician in a timely manner.
· Cares for newborns requiring level I and level II care and documents nursing care.
· Cares for post-partum patients including IV care, episiotomy care, vital sign assessment, uterine fundus massage, maintenance of fluid and electrolytes balance, prevention of post-partum complications and signs and symptoms of complications reported to the physician.
· Provides psycho social care to the patient and family to include assessment of needs. Provides nursing interventions with documentation in the chart.
· Provides care appropriate for the neonate, the maternal and the GYN patient served based on demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
· Assesses and interprets data on the neonate, the maternal, and the GYN Patients’ status to identify patients’ requirements relative to their age and diagnosis specific needs and provides care needed as stipulated in departmental policy and standard.
Required minimum education: Graduate of a School of Professional Nursing. Bachelor degree in Nursing preferred.
Required minimum experience: Three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in obstetrical/neonatal nursing. One-year supervisory experience preferred.
Current BLS certification, NRP or NALS.
Required license/certification: Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of Texas. BSN preferred. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) or Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS) certification is recommended, Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
Job reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $93,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year