Registered Nurse, Antepartum
Registered Nurse (RN) – Antepartum Great Benefits! Texas Health Plano, a MAGNET facility, has the High-Risk Pregnancy Care Unit that is a Texas 10-step and Mother-friendly designated facility. We are looking for experienced Antepartum Registered Nurses to join our tight-knit team!
Position Highlights Work location: Texas Health Plano Work environment: Antepartum
- 20-bed High Risk OB (Antepartum) unit
- Provide quality care for women at all levels of gestation
- Provide care for and monitoring of patients in Antepartum, High-Risk OB, GYN surgery, all female surgeries and Postpartum moms who have babies in the Level IV NICU
- Responsible for 24-hour care of non-laboring Antepartum and GYN patients – Med/Surg overflow, bladder/gall bladder/ hysterectomies/ Appendectomy/ D&C's/ ectopic pregnancy/female surgery patients (No plastic or mastectomy patients)
- Skill Set: Administer blood, PICC lines, Central Lines, strong Med/Surg skills
- Childbirth education offered at the bedside
Work Hours: Full-Time, 36 Hours, 7:00pm – 7:00am Salary set rate: $27.50/min – $52.88/max
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- Other – CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Required
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
- NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program required upon hire
- ACLS – Advanced Life Support required within 6 months (if Charge RN only)
- IFM – Intermediate Fetal Monitoring upon hire Preferred (will obtain within 6 months of hire)
- 2 Years' Experience as a clinical nurse (RN) required – Antepartum, High Risk OB or Labor & Delivery highly preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will:
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- Possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- Have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
- Deliver care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- Assess the patient
- Plan the care of the patient
- Intervene as appropriate
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporate age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Initiate action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintain continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more. At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you'll love to call home. Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse:
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r72yE6TXgrzBUjrnIzXzb