Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery
Registered Nurse Mother Baby – Full Time, Nights Great Benefits and Learning Opportunities Oh baby! Our Women's Services department is growing. We're looking for an experienced Mother/Baby Registered Nurse to join our tight-knit nursing team today. Position Highlights
- Work location: Texas Health Allen
- Work environment: The Family Birthplace at Texas Health Allen, a mother friendly and Texas 10-step facility, has a position for an acute-care RN from the admission to the discharge process in Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum (LDRP).
Labor & Delivery department includes: • Physical set-up is an 8-bed LDRP • 5-bed Antepartum/recovery area • 2 OR suites • Surgical Techs/CST's on staff • 6-bed Level II Neonatal ICU (28-week's gestation on up)
- Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, (3) 12-hour shifts, 6:45PM – 7:15AM
- Salary range: $27.50 – $52.88 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed and growing, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women's care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required AND
- NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program required within 6 months of hire AND
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification within 90 days from hire is required AND
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days from hire
- 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required
- More than 1 years Mother Baby RN experience strongly preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will:
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
Position Responsibilities • Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• Assesses the patient
• Plans the care of the patient
• Intervenes as appropriate
• Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more. At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you'll love to call home. Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.