Director, Fetal Services
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Director, Fetal Services provides direction for all aspects of operations and clinical care for assigned departments and services for the healthcare organization. Partners with internal and external customers to maintain external relationships with referring regional maternity hospitals and partnerships. Provides expert clinical guidance and ensures quality/safety/service initiatives across assigned services for nursing and allied health personnel. Works in collaboration with the Fetal Medicine Medical Director to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develops, leads and manages the overall strategic objectives and metrics for the Fetal Medicine Center in alignment with organizational goals and strategies.
- Provides overall and day to day leadership for clinical and business aspects, ensuring safety, effectiveness and efficiency of operational and clinical performance.
- Develops, leads and works with multi and interdisciplinary teams in ongoing efforts to develop, implement and monitor strategies, goals and standards of care for assigned departments and organizational projects/initiatives. Leads multi and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement evidence-based clinical programs, policies, and standards for assigned department.
- Ensures adequate resources (e.g. staff, materials, space, equipment, supplies and finances) are available for the delivery of effective patient care and clinical services. Developing, mentoring, and guiding managers to peak performance and optimum work environments.
- Collaborates and consults with medical and hospital personnel at all levels; both internally and externally, for the development and coordination of services.
- Leads nursing and allied health personnel in strategic directives and care activities to ensure the assigned department achieves best outcomes in patient and family care
- Develops and implements continuous performance improvement initiatives focused on improving the management and experience for patients, families and staff in the assigned department
- Represents the assigned department nursing and allied health personnel and perspective in organizational discussions and meetings
- Responsible for assuring that assigned departments/programs are compliant with and accountable for all accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission and the Ohio Department of Health, that appropriate quality assurance programs are in place, and that departments/programs are in compliance with Hospital Corporate Integrity Program. Has expert and maintains up to date knowledge of perinatal population specific regulatory requirements, including maternity licensure, and works across departments and system to ensure continual regulatory readiness.