All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- *$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night shift - 7pm to 7am, Weekend rotation required
Location: AdventHealth Winter Park - 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Winter Park Labor and Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. With roots deep in the community, AH Winter Park has been providing individualized care for generations in a boutique style environment.
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level II Maternity Care for approximately 3,300+ births per year (275 babies per month). The unit consists of 5 OB Triage rooms, 9 labor rooms, 3 OB ORs and 4 PACU beds. The adjacent units are a 12 bed Level II NICU and a 34 bed Mother Baby Unit.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and Anesthesiology.
- The Labor and Delivery team has received the AACN BEACON Award for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes, patient experience and team engagement.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative's PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team is able to provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include: Professional Excellence Programs, Perinatal Nurse Internship Programs and our Multidisciplinary Obstetrical Simulation Training
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
The community you'll be caring for:
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
- Want to see what it's like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of our Winter Park campus!
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.