The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) is a not-for-profit membership organization that promotes the health of women and newborns. Our mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education, and advocacy.
The Nursing Director of Collaborative Clinical Programs will leverage a combination of clinical, educational, and technical knowledge and skills to develop and oversee critical internal and external programs and projects that support AWHONN’s strategic plan and long-term vision. The Director also supports key Association initiatives and is responsible for program or project direction, development, implementation, evaluation, and deliverables. The Director will leverage and foster organizational clinical partnerships and relationships to expand AWHONN’s visibility and educational growth strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Projects and Programs
- Develops proposals, new programs, budgets, and grants for the purpose of meeting AWHONN strategic and educational goals
- Collaborates with internal and external customers for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining AWHONN services and programs.
- Directs or facilitates key educational initiatives.
- Evaluates clinical need, develops concepts and scope of work, implements, and evaluates programs, projects, and initiatives that support AWHONN strategic goals.
- Leads programs that require cross-functional and cross departmental engagement with key staff across the organization, and with external stakeholders.
- Cultivates new partnerships and maintains strong working relationships with external association and organization leadership, committees, and consultants to support multidisciplinary programs and initiatives that support, promote, and/or are complimentary to key AWHONN initiatives.
- Evaluates new program opportunities that address and support AWHONN strategic direction and goals
- Collaborates with the AWHONN staff Nurse Leaders, member and non-member subject matter experts, and clinical experts to develop clinical content, ensuring education deliverable meets AWOHNN budgetary and quality standards.
- Collaborate with project managers in the analysis of needs assessment, evaluation, survey, and focus group data within assigned projects.
Continuing Nursing Education
- Participates in assessing clinical program needs of AWHONN members and groups to improve the care of women and newborns.
- Serves as the internal nurse leader and establishes continual product pipelines through collaborations with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Serves as a Nurse Planner and member of the AWHONN Provider Unit.
- Participates in evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of AWHONN programs, products, and services.
- Maintains expertise in educational design and adult learning theories, assumes responsibility for implementing Accreditation Program criteria for selected educational activities.
- Serves as clinical liaison to identified organizations as requested.
- Keeps abreast of current clinical issues and research for continuing professional development, and integrates relevant findings and information as applicable for program development.
- Performs other duties as required.
Provides ongoing professional mentoring within the organization, assists in expansion of learning and translation of clinical expertise to non-clinical staff, provide tools to help build knowledge, skills, and growth capacity within the Association. Serves as a knowledgeable resource for new and current staff. Promotes positive work environment for all staff and effectively collaborates with the Executive Leadership Team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, doctoral degree preferred.
- Certification in a specialty area within Women’s Health or Maternal-Infant Nursing required (e.g. RNC-OB, RNC-MNN, NE-BC, or APRN certification etc.)
- Accreditation body Nurse Planner experience, strongly preferred
- 10 years of progressive nursing education and program development experience
- Demonstrated history of working independently and creatively.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills, including multidisciplinary and interprofessional approaches.
- Experience in writing and securing commercial and non-commercial grants preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal capabilities with emphasis on relationship building
- Customer service mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of systems for project management and timely completion of tasks in high pressure environments
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Demonstrated skill in video conferencing platforms.
This position is based in Washington DC, and is eligible for telecommuting. Team member will be responsible for adhering to the AWHONN Work from Home policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and desired salary to email@example.com.
Incomplete application submissions will not be considered.
AWHONN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.