Nursing Supervisor Women & Babies Hospital (Nights, Part-time)
Penn Medicine LG Health is currently seeking a part-time Nursing Supervisor for our Women & Babies Hospital. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the administrative supervision of the hospital in the absence of the senior leadership. She functions as in-house administrator utilizing the on call nursing and hospital senior administrator as needed for consultation. She is responsible and accountable for the management of nursing services and the quality and safety of nursing care provided across the organization. The Nursing Supervisor incorporates responsibilities of staff management, patient/family/visitor relations and interdepartmental clinical and non-clinical activities to ensure quality, safe patient care and departmental operations. She is responsible for patient flow and bed assignment throughout the system. Coordinates inter-hospital transfers. She in collaboration with the senior administrator on call initiates the incident command center and reallocates initial resources as appropriate to the crisis/demand.
HOURS: Part-time, 48 hrs/2 weeks, Night shift. 12-hour shifts from 7pm - 7am; every third weekend and holiday rotation. No on-call requirement.
- Current licensure as Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Masters in Healthcare preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience as a registered nurse in an acute care setting; 5 years RN experience care for women and infants is preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a managerial/hospital operations role (e.g. Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, Charge Nurse/Facilitator)
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Large teaching hospital or specialty hospital experience (e.g. Women's & Babies) preferred.
- Broad nursing/hospital experience across nursing vs single unit/single department experience preferred.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.